Puppy Prep School
A day in the life of a puppy at our Puppy Prep School!
7-9am Drop Off & begin morning training sessions
9-11am Morning Playgroups
11-1pm Train, Lunch, Nap
1-3pm Afternoon Playgroups & finish training sessions
3-5:30pm Pick Up
Puppy Prep School – More Details!
- Individual Training Sessions may be a longer, 20 minute session, or may be split up into multiple training sessions throughout the day. This will depend on the age of the pup that is training and what the puppy is learning!
- Puppies will be trained both indoors and outdoors so please be sure to “dress” them in a properly fit collar or harness.
- Puppies that are not actively training or involved in a playgroup will be crated. Napping is a critical part of every puppy’s day. They would become very cranky pups if we didn’t provide them with naps!
- Pups are provided various food puzzles for their meals while crated during lunch. They will also be provided with chews during their downtime.
- Playgroups will depend on age, size, and temperament of the puppies. Playgroups will be closely monitored by a trainer and will be kept at a maximum ratio of 6 puppies to 1 trainer.
- The play space will have novel objects such as toys, uneven and different tactile surfaces, things flying overhead like a tarp or balloons flying over head, tables to climb on or under, ball pits, and trainers will put on various costume pieces to expose puppies to as many novel stimuli as we can!
- One afternoon per week, Jo’s 6 year old twins, will be visiting the puppies for their afternoon playgroup!
If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to us! We are glad to help you pick your classes, help you register, or offer support and advice for your dog training needs.